Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Looking back at Previous Tools

I have learned so much during this six week course about online web 2.0 tools that I didn't even know were out there or possible.

My top 3 favorite tools that I had not know existed prior to this class are Diigo, Feedreaders, and Twitter. Although the first two I had no idea existed and twitter I knew existed but didn't know the capabilities it had. 

Diigo

Dr. Dennen article on Diigo and using it more and more made me understand and enjoy the tool. There is so much that you can do on Diigo that having it in your back poskcet is a bonus when using a computer or on the internet. I had no idea such tools existed so you could bookmark and highlight I web pages and then have it save there to go back when you wanted to reference it again. How cool is that?!

Feedreaders

Before I knew that feedreaders existed I always had around 10 tabs open at once and was trying to keep up with everyone's blogs and posts. Feedreaders are such a great way to organize information and boy do I love organization. They put all your needed information in one place so you have one page to go to when you log onto your computer. It reminds of Symbaloo with having everything in one easy place and not having to go to several place or tabs/window to get what you want.

Twitter


I had a twitter before I am not going to lie but I only used it for world pictures and nothing educational. I didn't even tweet. When we used the hashtag for the class and I participated in twitter chats my mind was opened to the possibilities of twitter. The hashtags are a great way to keep topics together in an organized fashion. The twitter chats allow multiple people to contribute to a topic which is great overall twitter is not the tool I originally thought it was and have learned a lot about it through using its different functions.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the feedreader. I use Feedly and I love it! Now, I can keep on track with all the informational sources that I need in such a convenient way. Previously I did the same as you, I left all the tabs in a browser open, and each time when I opened those tabs I wasted time waiting when they refresh. Now it is so much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that I was on Twitter quite a bit this summer. I didn't think this would happen with this class!

    ReplyDelete