Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Goodyear

I think they come up with a great research. Using social media to facilitate learning is what we try to do everyday in this class. Using several tools, although in Goodyear case they focused on Facebook and Twitter. I think if they had incorporated slideshare they would have seen even better results in teacher cooperation and sharing. I am a huge fan of slideshare as an educational tool because it is a professional site for people to post their original content and have it be known that this is what they are teaching us. I do believe that social media should change their practices as like they state provide an outside location to do so. Social media is a great learning, teaching and collaborative tool that can be used to work on great things and share ideas. I agree with their concluding statement that social media in teaching setting should not be a requirement but voluntary if they would find it helpful.

Goodyear, V., Casey, A., & Kirk, D. (2014). Tweet me, message me, like me: Using social media to facilitate pedagogical change within an emerging community of practice. Sport, Education and Society, 927-943.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on that social media should be voluntary. Different individuals have different preferences. For example, few people like using Facebook for professional learning now. Like me, I want my facebook to be mostly about life and entertainment.
    Also I agree that slideshare is a good educational way. But I think the condition is that we have something meaningful and important to share. For me, I think I have limited original ideas for some topics. I am wondering here whether it is OK to share our reflection on some ideas via slideshare.

    ReplyDelete