Monday, July 20, 2015

Gooooooooogle OOhh the places you will go

Google Maps

Searched my work address, clicked on the little man in the corner and VOILA! There was a picture of my building! How crazy is that, that in order to see a place all you have to do is search for it on Google maps and place your little man there.Talk about technology.

Google Map Maker

I opened Google Map Maker and tried to create my own map but on 7/20/15 at 12:30pm the site was unavailable for editing. But I will not let this get me down! I will return to the map making site, add a place and publish it on my blog! (keep your eyes peeled!)

What is it?
Map maker is place where you can add to the actual Google maps site!  This is a great example of crowdsoursing. Allowing many people to come together to form a big picture of our world.
You can also create your own maps and 

I found some helpful directions (for when it decides to let me add a place) to add a place!
Add a place
  1. Open Map Maker.
  2. Click Add New in top left.
  3. Select Add a Place from the drop-down menu.
  4. Select the Satellite view and zoom in to the appropriate location. ...
  5. Select a category from the drop-down menu, or start typing in the box to search for a category. ...
  6. Click Continue to add more details in the left panel.
https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/1096044?hl=en


What place will you add??

No comments:

Post a Comment