Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Live Person

I have been involved in creating a new tool for Psychology FSU students this summer. I am very excited about it because it is something that we have never tried before and I was able to pioneer something that I believe in and can relater to this class.

Live person is an online advising tool where students can go to our website and click the live chat features and talk to an advsior live to answer general questions. No longer do students have to drive to campus and be denied help because the office is packed. Now they can ask their general questions online and leave the in person advising for more serious and needed time such as major changes or missed requirements.

The system is not perfect but it is a step into the social media world. Not all questions can be answered via online advising due to federal laws and information that cannot be given over the internet but it can help student who have general questions get their questions answered from the comfort of their couch.

We have a twitter account and a active Facebook like page where we post a lot of information hoping that this is a better way to engage students. Using the social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook for education purpose I think makes us a a forerunner in getting information to our students in a way that is convenient for them.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to know there is a live person on the website. I would try to use that tool if necessary. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I use chat help more than any other help form: (phone call, FAQ). I've even purchased stuff through SEARS through a chat when I couldn't figure out which part I needed. They took care of everything for me, including the payment and shipping.

    I particularly like it what the option for live chat pops up when I'm on a website that doesn't normally have the "chat live" button. For example, when I was setting up the POWr Poll, pop... Do you want help with POWr Poll. As a matter of fact, I did

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, this is awesome!! I wish they had this while I was a psychology undergrad at FSU!

    ReplyDelete